Have you ever had that moment in the middle of the night when you are having a serious craving for something rich and chocolatey? Like a slice of decadent brownie for instance?
Yes I just had that moment!
And the result of me having this super duper strong craving, was me rushing to the kitchen and whipping up these basic and easy brownies bars with whatever limited ingredients I can find in my pantry. I was lucky that I happened to have all the basics that I need. And of course, how can i forget my secret ingredient! Baileys Irish Cream! Almost everything taste better with a couple tablespoon of this, don't you agree?
And the end product was... nothing short of being RICH! How I regretted not having some homemade Bailey Ice Cream to go with the brownies! I am sure that will elevate the taste to a whole new level.
Please be warned that this brownie is really thick and rich and packed with all chocolate goodness. If you are not a MEGA chocolate fan, please stay away. Otherwise, do enjoy a little midnight indulgence. Enjoy :)
Free printable version of recipe - Click here (Updated!)
Chocolate, chopped into pieces – 350g
Butter, softened – 110g
Cocoa Powder – 25g
Instant Coffee Powder – 10g
Caster Sugar – 125g
Egg – 3nos (approximately 140g)
All Purpose Flour, sifted – 50g
Chocolate Biscuit, crushed into pieces – 80g
Baileys Irish Cream – 3 Tbsp
Walnut – 70g
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line baking pan (I used 9” square pan) with baking paper. Set aside for later use.
2. Using double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter. Stir constantly until all the chocolate is melted.
4. Beat in the eggs to the mixture until it is well blended.
6. Add in Baileys Irish Cream to the final mixture. Mix well.
7. Pour the combined mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top.