Are you frustrated with the recent hot weather like I am? I am sure we are all craving for something cold, cooling and yummy to bring the heat down a little. Try this! This is one of my favourite popsicle flavour so far. Sweet & tangy all at the same time!
The best part of this popsicle is that you are not restricted by the choice of fruits. You do not have to use the fruits I recommended. You may replace it with other fruits that you preferred (eg. oranges, peaches, mangoes etc). It is the magical blend between the honey and the lemonade that gives you the sweet yet tangy taste that is so addictive!
I am so heading into my kitchen and making another batch of this NOW!
Recipe: Adapted and modified from here
6 Popsicles (depending on size of the mould)
3/4 cups Water
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Zest of 2 Lemons
1 Kiwi, sliced
2 Strawberries, sliced
1. Combine water, honey, lemon juice and lemon zest in a liquid measuring cup. Stir well to ensure that the honey is fully dissolved into the lemonade.
2. Run the lemonade mixture over sieve to remove any pulp and seeds.
3. Distribute the fruits (kiwi, strawberries and blueberries) among the popsicles moulds.
4. Pour lemonade mixture into the popsicles moulds.
5. Freeze popsicles for at least 6 hours (or overnight) until the popsicles are firm.
6. To remove popsicles from their moulds, dip moulds in glass of water for 10 seconds. This will ensure the popsicles come out smoothly from the moulds. Serve while popsicles are firm.